FAQ & Info
HOW TO START A ONE-OF-A-KIND CUSTOM ORDER
Our apologies, but we are not offering in-person consultations. We realize this is an inconvenience for many of you, but we remain short-staffed in the front-of-house and are simply unable to offer this service. In addition, we only have one staff member who prices designs and she is busy decorating cakes so can't assist out front. We ask that all customers who wish to order a CUSTOM design start an email conversation with us. Our address is email@example.com
We need the following information:
1) DATE OF EVENT
3) PHONE NUMBER
4) NUMBER OF SERVINGS
5) DESIGN DESCRIPTION - you can attach images as reference. WE DO NOT MAKE EXACT REPLICAS OF CAKES FROM OTHER BAKERIES!
HOW TO ORDER ONE OF OUR DESIGNS
In the SHOP/SHOP CUSTOM section for our website you can browse and purchase larger versions of our STOCK CAKES or choose from hundreds of PRE-DESIGNED cakes, cookies, cupcakes, cake pops, and other individual treats. We offer themes ranging from FLORAL to SUPERHERO and WEDDING CAKES to VEHICLES. Many of these items can be "customized" by changing the highlighted character, color motif, or other thematic details.
Here are step-by-step directions on how to order from our SHOP CUSTOM menus– if you have any questions along the way or need assistance with your online order, feel free to call us TUESDAY-SATURDAY between 7AM and 2:30 PM at 914-693-9758.
Our apologies, but we only have one phone line so it can be difficult getting through to us
1. Go to www.bakehouse.us - Our site is image & text heavy so can take a long time to load, so please be patient
2. Click on SHOP
3. From the drop-down menu, select SHOP CUSTOM
4. The first menu that loads is Bakehouse Basics. You can select other thematic menus by clicking on the "arrow down" and scrolling through drop down menu (below our “earliest-pick-up-date box”, it will say BAKEHOUSE BASIC… and a “v” - CLICK HERE) OR you can manually scroll through the pages. It takes longer to scroll through all cake designs but if you don't know what you want, you get the chance to peruse a wide range of cake themes.
5. Select the cake (or cookie, cupcake, or cake pop) or the of your choice - a new window will pop up for your selection. Always be sure to scroll through and make selections for ALL options. Depending on the design there may be many selections. Make sure your chosen options match the size of the cake you selected.
6. You will know you have reached the end of the options when you reach TERMS. Make sure to read and select TERMS (our cancellation policy)
7. In SPECIAL REQUESTS you can specify information like color motif, inscription, and other minor changes.
8. When you are done selecting all options, click ADD TO MY ORDER.
9. When ready, go to MY CART
10. You must select a PICK-UP DATE and TIME. Keep in mind that SHOP CUSTOM requires 1-week (or more) notice. The time parameters do not always directly reflect our operating hours.
11. Lastly input all payment information. You will receive an email confirmation and order number - make sure to review and retain this information. Thank You.
Should we reach capacity we reserve the right to cut online orders at any time.
The BAKEHOUSE CAKE CREW
NO REFUND for any cancellations (or major changes to your order) within 3 DAYS of the pick-up date. 50% refund for any cancellations (or major change to your order) within 5 DAYS of pick-up date. 5% processing fee for any cancellations or changes to your order prior to the 5 DAY mark.
NO REFUND for any cancellations (or major changes to your order) within 5 DAYS of the pick-up date. 5% processing fee for any cancellations or changes to your order prior to the 5 DAY mark.
NO REFUND for any cancellations (or major changes to your order) within 3 DAYS of the pick-up date. 5% processing fee for any cancellations or changes to your order prior to the 5 DAY mark.
CAKE POP & TREAT CANCELLATIONS
NO REFUND for any cancellations (or major changes to your order) within 2 DAYS of the pick-up date. 5% processing fee for any cancellations or changes to your order prior to the 2 DAY mark.
Although our SHOP CUSTOM site is integrated into our main site, it is separate. If you are looking to purchase a custom order and also stock items (like cookie trays or pies) you will have to make two separate transactions. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Order PICK-UP and locations
All SHOP CUSTOM purchases are for pick-up in ARDSLEY. We do not have decorators in our TARRYTOWN location. We can make exceptions on an individual basis.
We recommend all custom orders be picked up by 2pm Tuesday-Saturday, but, if necessary, we are open for Sunday pick-up before 1:45pm.
No cake decorators work on Sunday. In the rare event that there is an issue with the order, and you pick it up on Sunday, there will be no-one to fix it AND our young Sunday staff is not equipped to address such issues. At that point, you would have to take the cake as-is (or not take the cake). We will do what we can to resolve the issue fairly on Tuesday. When speaking with our staff, please discuss the matter in a calm and reasonable manner. We will not tolerate abusive or hostile behavior. Please remember - cake is not a matter of life and death.
We are NOT an allergen free bakery. This facility makes items with common allergens like peanuts, nuts, wheat, eggs, dairy, etc. There is ALWAYS the risk of cross-contamination.
Flavors combinations are listed under each SHOP CUSTOM item.
*Fresh strawberries are the only filling we charge extra for.
*For tiered cakes or designs, our strawberry shortcake must be paired with gold cake (not sponge cake)
* Our Tres Leches cake can not be used for tiered cakes or custom designs. We only offer whipped cream icing with this flavor.
*Semi-naked cakes, taller than standard cakes, and larger tiers require a STABLE filling (noted in flavor combo lists in SHOP CUSTOM)
* If ordering a tiered cake, each tier can be a different flavor.
Our apologies, but we are currently not offering deliveries.
We are not currently hosting in person tastings, but we can package tastings to-go. We do not currently offer complementary tastings. We can prepare tastings for orders that are anticipated to cost $350 or more. We require at least 5 days notice to prepare tastings.
Our tastings consist of mini cupcakes topped with fillings - we recommend 2 of each flavor pairing. Our mini cupcakes cost $1.50 each.
To see our flavor selection go to www.bakehouse.us and click on SHOP then SHOP CUSTOM. Filter for the KEEP IT SIMPLE MENU and click on POLKA DOT FLING. Scroll through size options- the next option is CAKE FLAVORS. Peruse this section – the first flavor represents the cake and the second is the filling.